Vision: A sustainable Uralla Shire in a sustainable world.
Mission: To assist the people of Uralla Shire to come together to build resilience as we transition to a regenerative and sustainable way of living that minimises demand for resources, maximises health of the community and environment, whilst proactively responding to future challenges.
• The first step is to work towards the goal of 100% renewable energy for in-home and business use (excluding transport). This will be achieved by reducing energy use, though improvements in efficiency, and by installation of cost effective renewable energy generation.
• Z-NET Uralla has adopted the Zeronet Energy Town Uralla Case Study (also known as the Z-NET Blueprint) as its foundation document for direction and scope of projects to be undertaken. The Blueprint will be applied to Uralla and Region even for Action Plans that identified only the Uralla Township in the Blueprint.
• Z-NET activities will be designed in consultation with the Uralla community, to give equal access across socio-economic groups.
• Z-NET will provide leadership and education, assessment of innovations and their applicability for our community.
• Z-NET will give Uralla the opportunity, not only of being part of the solution to renewable energy supply, but also the opportunity to build futurist, vibrant local businesses based on renewable energy.